COVID-19 has become our reality in the United States and globally, here is information on how we are following strict protocols in our facility and maintaining our number one priority, Staff and Resident safety.
Two great resources for better understanding the impact of COVID-19 are:
- Riverside County Public Health – https://www.rivcoph.org/
- US CDC – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
New admissions will be subject to the following protocol:
- Rigorous pre-screening prior to committing to the admission which includes pointed questions on travel and health.
- Our Nursing Staff will continue to maintain our strict sanitization policy when picking up any new admission.
- New Resident will be subject to a quarantine period where they will have limited contact with Staff.
Additional protocols in place:
- Visitors are not allowed at the facility.
- Outings have been cancelled.
- One entry and exit has been established.
- Adherence to social distancing are in place.
- Any staff member who is sick is asked to stay home until properly cleared for duty.
- Work from home is permitted for some Staff members.
- Telehealth will be provided for Psychiatric services.
What Are the Symptoms of COVID-19?
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
How can I help protect myself?
- People can help protect themselves from respiratory illness with everyday preventive actions.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
If you are sick, to keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should do:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you and will get through this together.