Drug and alcohol detoxification can seem like a daunting process for the individual and their supportive friends and family members. But a professionally managed drug addiction detox with a detox center that can help to take the uncertainty and risk out of the process. Here at California Behavioral help, we want to help explain the drug detox and alcohol detox process. That’s why it is so essential to find the right drug addiction detox treatment.
What Is Detoxification?
Detoxification is the process of drugs, alcohol, or any harmful substance leaving the body. On a medical level, it is the process of therapeutic intervention that helps to guide the individual safely through the acute withdrawal process and safely detox from drugs and other harmful substances. Clinical experts also define detoxification as the start of a more complicated recovery process that requires individuals to start choosing for the best drug detox center and a treatment plan.
How Long Does Drug Detox and Alcohol Detox Take?
Recovery times can vary depending on the individual, the length and severity of their addiction, previous medical conditions, and their genetic makeup.
With this in mind, the below are general guidelines on what to expect from detox duration:
- Typical withdrawal symptoms could begin in the first eight to twelve hours
- Detox from drugs can take anything from 48 hours to a fortnight and beyond
- Opiate detoxification can last on average between five to ten days
- Benzodiazepine withdrawal can worsen up to a fortnight then symptoms trail off
- Cocaine detox can last up to ten weeks before complete
- Alcohol withdrawal can take up to seven days or more before leaving the system
Professionally managed detox from the drug in a residential drug treatment center or alcohol detox center is so important as the symptoms (which might be seizures or extreme dehydration) can last over weeks or even months.
The Dangers of Going Cold Turkey
Your body can develop a reliance on the substance you take, like methadone or benzodiazepine. At this point, your body needs to be monitored medically during the withdrawal process. Suddenly quitting can even lead to fatality. Without medical intervention and treatment, an increased chance of relapse at the previous dosage can have severe and long term effects on the body.
How Can California Behavioral Health Help as a Drug Detox Center?
It’s hard to know how to help an addict, and as a concerned friend or family member, you need an additional level of support. California Behavioral Health is both a drug treatment center and an alcohol detox center that offers professionally managed detox services. As a dual diagnosis treatment center, we provide comprehensive detoxification assistance, including:
- A full assessment and detox plan depending on the drug and severity of the addiction
- Medications, when required, to ensure the withdrawal is safe for the individual
- Gradually withdrawing the dosage of the substance to provide a safe detoxification
- Master therapists to offer tailored support alongside the detoxification process
- Aftercare and holistic therapy to provide ongoing support and treatment
- Accurate assessment of additional conditions that could impact mental health
- We incorporate an excellent nutritional plan to nurture the body during detoxification
We are a 24/7 professionally managed detox center to provide the support that individuals and support networks need to ensure a safe detoxification and a significantly reduced risk of relapse.
California Behavioral Health: A Tailored Detoxification Plan
California Behavioral Health can implement an evidence-based, research-led, tailored detoxification plan that accounts for each individual and their background. Our holistic approach provides a fully comprehensive treatment plan that can support detoxification. It can minimize the chance of relapse, from understanding contributing factors to the addiction to giving a balanced and nutritional diet to boost the body during the detoxification process. Our Master therapists work alongside each individual throughout their drug addiction detox.
How Safe Is Drug Addiction Detox with California Behavioral Health
We understand how to help an addict with their drug addiction detox, and our fully licensed medical staff and therapists are on hand 24/7 to manage an individual’s detoxification. From reducing dosages of substances to providing correct medication and merely being a support framework, our team is committed to ensuring maximum recovery and a helping hand throughout the process. We combine tailored therapies, diets, and detox treatment to make sure the individual is as safe as possible.
We want to be on hand as your first point of call as an individual looking for a drug detox center and treatment, or a concerned family member or friend. Consider us your resource for support and give us a call on 888.653.3982 or send us a quick message today so we can offer our services.