Substance abuse is a growing problem in the U.S., but the good news is that with the right help, we can reduce it. If you are looking for an effective treatment for drug addiction, we invite you to join the non 12 step rehab center at California Behavioral Health.
What Is Non 12 Step Rehab?
Non 12 step rehab is a type of drug addiction treatment program. It utilizes holistic scientific techniques to deal with the mental, physical, and emotional aspects of recovery.
As is evident by the name, non 12 step programs are an alternative to 12 step treatments. The 12 step formula, first introduced by Alcoholics Anonymous in 1938, has long been a popular method for helping people overcome drug addiction. However, it has many shortcomings. Mental health experts are beginning to see its ineffectiveness in preventing relapse in the long run.
Compared to the 12 steps, non 12 step treatments are deemed to be more effective and efficient in enabling people to leave their addiction issues behind.
Whether you are addicted to alcohol or drugs, a non 12 step rehab might be just what you need to get rid of your damaging habits and live the life you have always wanted.
Problems with the Generalized Drug Addiction Treatment
- What’s meant for everyone benefits no one. That is something not many drug and alcohol rehab centers keep in mind.
- The 12 step program places great emphasis on therapy sessions, and where they are beneficial for some, they are counterproductive for others. One addict might draw inspiration from one’s achievements others might go into a downward spiral. The fear of failure is often aggravated in such sessions, depending on where their addiction recovery process is.
- Such generalized treatments fail to uncover underlying conditions that can fuel addictions and substance abuse.
- The premise of the addiction recovery program starts with the abuser’s acceptance of their problematic behavior. What if the person addicted is not willing to accept that yet? What if they are not in the right mental space to curb their desire to drink?
Why Use an Alternative to 12-Step Programs?
Because everybody is different. While there is value to 12-step programs, the tailored treatments from our licensed medical professionals get to the bottom of those deeply rooted behaviors that have formed the patterns of addiction. We work closely with our residents to determine where those behaviors started. Our team also works hard to treat those underlying issues that have caused addiction problems. We offer a holistic approach because we know that there is more to your story than your addiction.
What Are the Benefits of a Non 12-Step Rehab Program?
This alternative to 12-step-programs has numerous benefits.
- Evidence-based treatments that have been scientifically proven to support those who need to find help in how to stop using drugs and alcohol. These include CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), abstinence-based counseling, and motivational interviewing, each of which is effective alternatives to AA-styled treatment methods.
- Treatments that are focused on addressing both the particular aspects of the resident’s addiction and the ensuing consequences.
- Personalized care that considers the unique circumstances of the resident. It also looks at why they have come for alcohol or drug addiction help.
- Support with mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, and PTSD. These can occur regularly in those suffering from an alcohol or drug addiction. At our alcohol and drug rehab center, we use individualized plans to alleviate the symptoms of such issues. These approaches are structured to support a successful journey towards recovery.
What Kind of Approach Do We Use for the Non-12-Step Rehab Program?
At our non-12-step-recovery center, we use evidence-based treatments to help our residents break free from the addictions that bind them. Every resident benefits from a treatment plan that is specific to their individual needs. They are tailored by our team of experienced medical professionals. We offer a holistic approach to care for every aspect of our resident’s wellbeing. CBH uses a range of addiction therapies, that have been personally chosen to match the needs of our residents. We work hard to treat those dual diagnosis issues relating to addiction and mental health.
Dual Diagnosis Approach
At CBH, we follow a dual diagnosis approach to treat all our patients. This method means doing deep into the root cause of the addiction and identifying where the problem stems from.
It is because substance abuse usually signifies a bigger underlying problem. When you are addicted to alcohol or drugs, your mental health tends to take a toll too. In fact, in most cases, it is a mental illness or an associated condition like extreme stress or anxiety that sends a person down this path.
Attending a drug and alcohol rehab without addressing the main point can make a relapse more likely.
We make sure that you tackle the source of your addiction, so that burning desire for consumption never comes back.
Personalized Non-12 Step Programs
One of the main reasons why our recovery programs are so effective is that they are all customized according to the patients’ needs.
We don’t follow the cookie-cutter approach that is characteristic of 12 step rehabs. Instead, we formulate a tailored plan for all our clients after an in-depth discussion where we will figure out their unique requirements.
When it comes to how to help an addict, choosing an inpatient drug rehab center over an outpatient rehab is always the better option.
Our non 12 step treatments are renowned for the hotel-like experience that we provide.
While we follow scientifically approved plans to overcome addiction, we give you the liberty to make it as private or as engaging as you want. You can involve your partner or children in the therapy session if you want the support of your loved ones.
Resources for Concerned Parents and Friends
If you have visited our website because you are concerned about a family member or friend, then please learn more about our admissions process. Alternatively, use our contact form, which can be found on our website. We will answer any questions you have. Our team will provide you with the resources you need to help you support your addicted loved one.
Our personalized treatments are carried out by the best professionals in the field. We will work with you using a non-12-step-recovery program that will produce the very best outcome for you according to your personal needs. Continue reading below to find out more about the services we can offer you to give you a drug-free life.
Non-12 Step Drug Rehab in Palm Springs
CBH houses expert level therapists and medical assistants who can safely bring you on the road to recovery under their professional supervision. Our non 12 step programs are personalized according to each patient’s unique requirements. Plus, our rehab facility uses modern amenities and all the necessities of comfortable living to make your stay completely worth it. At CBH, we are confident that we can empower you with the mental strength required to break free from addiction. Above all, you can also get the fresh start to healthy living that you may have been looking for.
Our non 12 step recovery program shifts the focus on developing a stronger sense of self-empowerment. This is so you can fight the force of habit regardless of your religious views.
Get the Treatment You Deserve
CBH provides an extraordinary residential treatment where you will quite rightfully be spoiled with love and care. Our private rooms, chef-prepared food, and engaging environment will make your stay truly comfortable.
A Holistic Approach to Improved Wellbeing
What makes us one of the best non 12 step treatment centers is our ability to provide a flexible therapy framework customized to each individual’s needs. Our expert therapists utilize a range of treatment modalities to ensure that your stay at our rehab center is completely successful.
Ditch the Drugs Forever
Our professional Palm Springs drug rehab center not only offers dual diagnosis but also provides medically supervised detoxification from drugs and alcohol. This program helps minimize withdrawal symptoms and curbs cravings, making the road to recovery even smoother.